Roman food is simple but rich in flavor and taste .Roman cuisine include meat, cheese and fresh vegetables in most of their cuisine. When I was in Rome, I tasted a number of delicacies but just loved few items that I have listed below:
1. Pizza Bianca: It is a kind of Pizza bread that I found in all the bakeries in Rome. It is also considered as the quintessential Roman street food. It was my favorite as it was thin, light, fluffy, crispy and salty and was easily available everywhere. I saw many people wandering on the streets clutching bread packets. The best place to find Pizza Bianca is Roscioli Bakery and La Renella Bakery
2. Crostata di Ricotta: It is a very moth watering dessert that everyone would like. It is a kind of cheesecake with ricotta and candled fruit, raisins or chocolate chips. It is like a baked tart or pie. I have a sweet tooth and can’t resist sweet .So this one is my personal favorite. The crostata can also be blind-baked and then filled with pastry cream topped with pieces of fresh fruit
3. Carbonara: It is a very popular food in Rome. It is an Italian pasta dish based on eggs, cheese, bacon and black pepper. Da Danilo is the best Carbonara in Rome. You can’t miss tasting this one when you are in Rome.
4. Saltim bocca alla Romana: I would recommend everyone to taste this. It is a famous meat dish skewered with prosciutto and sage, cooked with butter and white wine and topped with sage or basil. It is a classic Roman Dish. The meat is so tender and soft that it melts in the mouth.
5. Pasta: I am a pasta lover so I had to taste this when I was in Rome and I just loved intuit is the staple food of the Italian cuisine. It is basically a simple dish but is found in different variations in Rome. There are two types of pasta available in Rome namely bucatini and tonnarelli. Bucatini is longer and thicker than spaghetti while Tonnarelli is thicker and more squared version of spaghetti.